Recipe A new "World's hottest pepper" announced

GA Firing Line

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Move over Dragon's Breath, Pepper X just took your spot as "hottest pepper in the world".

"After just a few short months spent holding the title of the world's hottest pepper, Dragon's Breath — the UK-based chili pepper clocking in at 2.48 million Scoville units — has officially been bested by a new satanic pepper called Pepper X, which is around 300 times spicier than a jalapeño.

Pepper X was created by Ed Currie, the inventor of the Carolina Reaper."

http://www.delish.com/food-news/news/a55687/pepper-x-hottest-pepper/

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I got some sauce the other day called the unholy trinity that has the carolina reaper, scorpion and ghost peppers in it. Its ranked as like one of the hottest, yet still flavorful, hot sauces. Thats about where I stop tbh. Once its just extracts that are meant to burn you from the inside out, I no longer care for it.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Screw that. I don't like hot foods at all, like the hot at hooters is good for me.

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I bet that stuff is disgusting. I like spicy foods, but eating something that causes extreme pain...?...might as well chew on nails or glass.

never understood that either

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
used to sample a bit of dave's gourmet insanity sauce back in the day. habanero extract-based sauce and it would burn your lips, sphincter, and every part in between. if you ever wondered what your entire digestive tract feels like, this sauce would show it to ya as it worked it's way through the whole damn thing.

compared to this new stuff that they have nowadays, dave's probably now seems like ketchup.

no thanks!

Reactions: AirOpsMgr

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Apparently it's only available as a sauce at this point, known as "The last dab".

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
used to sample a bit of dave's gourmet insanity sauce back in the day. habanero extract-based sauce and it would burn your lips, sphincter, and every part in between. if you ever wondered what your entire digestive tract feels like, this sauce would show it to ya as it worked it's way through the whole damn thing.

compared to this new stuff that they have nowadays, dave's probably now seems like ketchup.

no thanks!
Dave’s Insanity fucked my world up for about 3 days. I never heard of it so I put about five or six drops in a bowl of chili and commenced to eating. That shit kept getting hotter. About halfway through a bowl I threw the rest away. The next day I woke up with blisters in my throat. I was running a fever and felt like somebody beat me with a baseball bat. That was when a coworker explain to me you were only supposed to put that much in a pot of chili much less a bowl.