Howard Law

dougiemac

UFC Champ
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
Hey Guys and Gals,

I need your help. I want this site and this community to have a greater purpose than just a place to make friends, talk about current events, outdoor stuff, guns, knives and buy, sell and trade. I'd like to have a greater purpose for the community. Although we've been in a growth stage for the last three years, I believe we will be making a turn very soon that will allow us to actually bring in more money than it costs to run this site. And when that happens, I'd like to give some of that money away to a meaningful outlet. In the past this has been done on a case by case basis: money to the NRA, money to help individual Veterans, etc.

So I wanted to field some ideas as well as offer some.

What I envisioned was giving a sizable % of the net profits (revenue from advertising, sales from the SET Store, etc.) to an organization who has a purpose or heart similar to ours. Whether it's a youth hunting organization, a regional nature conservation society, a veterans' organization, a gun rights organization, etc.

So my question to you is three fold.

1. Do you like this idea?
2. Will this idea give you a better since of ownership in the community?
3. What organizations would you like to see considered?

Please let me know in the comments.

Balthaz

AKA - The Garand Jedi
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Love the idea and give to
Wounded warrior or crippled children foundation or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dougiemac

dougiemac

UFC Champ
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
Love the idea and give to
Wounded warrior or crippled children foundation or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not a fan of Wounded Warrior as they've not had the best practice of giving the majority of the funds to the vets that need it, but I do know of a few other foundations that definitely do give the majority if not all of the funds to veterans that I will definitely put on the list of consideration. And I always have a heart for kids in need.... I'll look into that as well.

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Maybe we could have a committee of folks who find legitimate people in need and help out.

I am thinking of families in need, people with special needs, terminally ill kind of make-a-wish or something along those lines. Because we are a community we should help our communities we live in and maybe have a more direct connection to those we help out rather than give to some organization to dictate how they use it.

I can see helping youth programs especially those related to hunting, fishing and shooting. Most times the biggest expense of participation is fees and ammo.

Community kitchens and habitat for humanity are other good avenues as well.

Jake

All gun laws are an infringement!
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
Maybe we could have a committee of folks who find legitimate people in need and help out.

I am thinking of families in need, people with special needs, terminally ill kind of make-a-wish or something along those lines. Because we are a community we should help our communities we live in and maybe have a more direct connection to those we help out rather than give to some organization to dictate how they use it.

I can see helping youth programs especially those related to hunting, fishing and shooting. Most times the biggest expense of participation is fees and ammo.

I agree with this. I think if you're gonna do something like that you should donate to some type of charity/cause that is local to us, or at least keep it in the SouthEast region. I'd even be up for volunteering somewhere around here if we can get some people together and help out at a habitat for humanity build or something along those lines.

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I agree with this. I think if you're gonna do something like that you should donate to some type of charity/cause that is local to us, or at least keep it in the SouthEast region. I'd even be up for volunteering somewhere around here if we can get some people together and help out at a habitat for humanity build or something along those lines.
In addition it will help spred the word further about our community.

dougiemac

UFC Champ
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code

I like this idea. To do this right, I think I’d need to create a 501c3 and appoint a committee to run that 501c3 that Southeast Traders, LLC. would donate to.