A good video on a Chinese knife brand

Howard Law

SirSpanksAlot

Frontiersman
Sep 27, 2020
Flowery Branch, GA
Back on topic, the video is of a good brand, which is what the thread is about. Not gas station knives, not shit knives... But some of the quality brands coming out of China these days, of which there are many.

oio

Sniper
Trusted Trader
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
And your argument doesn't even make sense.

Someone says, "I won't buy a Chinese knife because they are crap"...

And then you admit that 10% of them are not crap. So why wouldn't you consider one of those 10%?
10%, which is your number, not mine, still represents... about 1,000 models of knives, at least... That's a lot of high quality knives to choose from...

I think we are touching on fanboy territory... People just like what they like, and that means they have to hate the other brands... Even if some of those other brands are BETTER than their brand... It's an ego thing... like being a Ford or Chevy guy... No different than a sports fan. he picks his team and so he has to hate the other team... SMH...
I never admitted that 10% are not crap. I stated that over 90% are crap. Probably closer to 99%.
Now are you going to state what % of Chinese knives sold in the USA those brands you listed represent or not? I’ve asked several times.
I know you’re focusing on the very few that are actually good, but again, your metric does not apply to Chinese guns.
I would consider these knives if they were tested extensively by multiple people and they all got good results, but not when they’re praised by a person that also praises Taurus or some other junk.

SirSpanksAlot

Frontiersman
Sep 27, 2020
Flowery Branch, GA
I didn't say that Russian guns were junk. I asked, for the people that won't consider a Chinese knife, because they don't like "Commies"... Which has been said in this thread... What are their views on Russian guns?

It's a simple question that apparently continues to go right over your pretty little head...

You are trying to argue and refute a point, that nobody made. You are basically having your own one sided conversation in the corner. You are being the fanboy..., You have your brands and everything else must suck.

Don't be that guy.

Nobody cares about what percentage of Chinese knives sold fall into what bucket. There are dozens of brands and a thousand or so models of GOOD ones, that you can buy in good cutlery shops or at the major online retailers... There are hundreds of video reviews. You want to argue with me. Fine. But you miss the point that the knife industry as a whole, has recognized that China is turning things around.

You are stuck in your ways and clinging to your beliefs. I get it.

Fortunately, some of us move on and give things a try and expand our horizons. Some of us can appreciate the finer things, but also recognize that diamond in the rough... Not all of us are fanboys...

SirSpanksAlot

Frontiersman
Sep 27, 2020
Flowery Branch, GA
If there had been internet forums in 1978, we would be having the exact same argument about Japanese cars and other products.

When there is... not racial bias... it's more of... A nationality bias, at play... It is hard for some folks to look past that and focus on the product and disregard their prejudice. I am not saying that you are racist against asians or anything... Prejudice could be based on anything...

I understand that a lot of products from China are cheap crap... Cheap electronics is an example. Then again, Apple, Samsung and other high end electronics powerhouses, have their products or components made in China...

So clearly, it's not a matter of China being good or bad... Just like the US, or any country... there is cheap gas station quality, and then there are higher end products. I don't care what the percentages are, as it is irrelevant to the point. I am talking quality items, country of origin not withstanding...

I am not buying gas station knives. Well, I have a Kershaw Shuffle, because it's tiny and $18 and if I break or lose it I don't care. It's a throw away knife...

I have $50 Chinese knives that are excellent. The Spyrderco Tenacious is highly regarded as an excellent budget EDC... Made in China.

I love my Heretics, Microtecs... LionSteel and MKM knives... I have a US made Gerber and will be picking up a new Benchmade Freek shortly... But I also enjoy my Kizers and Civivi Elementum and Riffle...

I have plenty of Glocks and Smiths, Ruger, etc... But for a range toy or to toss in the glove box, a Taurus has always worked just fine.

The difference between a Taurus and these Chinese knives... Is that many of the Chinese knives are truly on par with US made products. Premium steels, Titanium, carbon fiber and really nice CNC machining, and quality control is outstanding...

The Taurus is good, for its price point. Many of these Chinese knives are just damned good knives.

oio

Sniper
Trusted Trader
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Let‘s summarize: Exception proving your rule. And Taurus is good.
ok
1619400850391.gif

SirSpanksAlot

Frontiersman
Sep 27, 2020
Flowery Branch, GA
What part of there being dozens of brands and a thousand or so quality models, don't you get?

If you buy a $5 knife, you get a $5 knife. Doesn't matter where it is made, it's a cheap, shit, $5 knife.

You pay $200, you are getting a good knife, whether it is made here or there.

This isn't rocket science son. I don't care if 99.9% of them are cheap crap. That 0.1% is a LOT of knives to choose from... Those are the ones I am talking about.

Leave the fanboy shit at the door man... Stop getting your sense of self worth and confidence from the brand names you surround yourself with.

oio

Sniper
Trusted Trader
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Perhaps change the thread title to “Hey guys, 0.1% of Chinese knives are very good, let me tell you which ones”

SirSpanksAlot

Frontiersman
Sep 27, 2020
Flowery Branch, GA
What part of "a good video on a chinese knife brand" are you having trouble workint out?

That brand, is one of the good ones. I don't care if it's one of the .1% or the 17%... That's completely irrelevant. Utterly.

There are dozens of quality brands, of which, they are one of them.

It's succinct, and accurate. That you are unable to wrap your mind around it in your fanboy world, also irrelevant. Bye Felicia.