Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
D257FA27-48C1-47CB-A8A3-C30A89471188.jpeg
This is what happens when: A. You get lost, B. You don’t dress appropriately, C. You aren’t acclimated to the heat. I probably should have let nature run it’s course, but I gave him water and called 911 to get him out. TFD was out there with amazing speed and got him out. (he was lost for 2.5 hours lol) It was a good run for me anyway.

2Glocks

Yes
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 30, 2019
Zip code
View attachment 129434
This is what happens when: A. You get lost, B. You don’t dress appropriately, C. You aren’t acclimated to the heat. I probably should have let nature run it’s course, but I gave him water and called 911 to get him out. TFD was out there with amazing speed and got him out. (he was lost for 2.5 hours lol) It was a good run for me anyway.
You made the right call. Certainly don’t look like sweater weather out there lmao

Reactions: dial1911

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
You made the right call. Certainly don’t look like sweater weather out there lmao

I was nearing the end of my last loop, going up a hill, earphones playing Ennio Morricone (Clint Eastwood western movie) music...I hear someone holler, and this dude is down the hill, behind me. Wants to know how to get back to parking area. I tell him "follow the powerlines, it's about a mile and a quarter". He asks about water, I gave him all I had, then he wants me to call 911, 'cause he thinks he can't walk out. I call them, tell'em where he is, and go back to running. Those dudes got out the muy pronto, let me tell ya!

He wasn't hurt that bad, he just thought he was. I told him to shed those clothes and put his arms in the creek (it ain't cold, but it beats nothing) - he said he was worried about mosquitoes.

The day my son died it was 103F, and a nice woman gave him a cold bottle of water just an hour before he shot himself. I've always appreciated that act of kindness, it's now repaid. I'm steppin' over the next dumbass that falls out on the trail.

Reactions: dial1911

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Ran the half in the mountains on the 18th. Ran 5 after I got back, but been under the weather a bit so just trying to heal up. Training for Pecos starts as soon as I'm well, bring it!

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
Ttt where you boys at.

slacked on my eating over the past week and am paying for it.

@dial1911 hows your end going?
@Tedkennedy any races recently??
@KhyberPass whatchu been doing?
@Bigigloopt2 how’s lifting been?

Vacation last week... this week started down about 13 pounds instead of 15. But back in the groove now- that is to say hungry all the time.

Reactions: 2Glocks

Herk

Tracker
Mar 16, 2017
Colorado
Zip code
Time for me to do something. I haven't drank any booze in 3 or 4 weeks (though I've still had junk food here and there) and I'm starting to get back into striking my BOB (a humanoid punching bag, essentially) and today I went and did some sprinting at the park. There's some sprinting involved in competitive shooting and when I watch vids of me "sprinting" I'm actually jogging. I guess I've kind of forgotten how to turn up the speed to 100% so I need to practice that again.

I'm also going to hike Mt. Elbert, the tallest mountain in CO, on Aug 6th. I'll leave work early (about 10 pm; I work a swing shift) and drive to the trail head, probably getting there at a little after 1 am, when I'd normally get off work. I'll get some sleep in my car and then begin the ascent, nice and early. I hope that by starting on Friday morning I'll avoid the weekend rush; Elbert is damn close to Denver and so I'm sure it's a zoo on the weekends.

Anyway, I'm starting to get moving; now I just have to keep the momentum.