1776's Disco Woes

Grunk

Sweeping the Steps of your Empire
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
The only solution I know of that works is my nephew's. he bought a 1960 rover years ago. yes it needs maintenance and is picky about some stuff. But it's basically a tractor with a rover body. No electronic stuff or other systems to go really crazy. Of course, no AC, no power steering, tops out at about 50mph. Really shitty as a daily driver but we haven't found anywhere it won't go off-road yet. And we've tried really hard for over a decade.

Sasquatch
Sep 5, 2015
Hilton Head, SC
Zip code
The only solution I know of that works is my nephew's. he bought a 1960 rover years ago. yes it needs maintenance and is picky about some stuff. But it's basically a tractor with a rover body. No electronic stuff or other systems to go really crazy. Of course, no AC, no power steering, tops out at about 50mph. Really shitty as a daily driver but we haven't found anywhere it won't go off-road yet. And we've tried really hard for over a decade.
This thing doesn't have much in the way of electronics anymore. It all got canned in the conversion.

Reactions: Grunk

Sasquatch
Sep 5, 2015
Hilton Head, SC
Zip code
The Disco sounds like dating a stripper... All it dose is leave you frustrated, broke, and somehow coming back for more. I understand the attraction, I really do. But. Damn, just damn, that is a shit load of work, for something, that in the end will never really work out.
You're not wrong. There will always be guys that date strippers and buy old Land Rovers.

Reactions: EugenFJR and Grunk

Sasquatch
Sep 5, 2015
Hilton Head, SC
Zip code
Finally got all the AC shit out of the engine bay and the new spill rail was delivered. Still have to do valve stem seals and finish scraping old HG off the head. Once all that is done, I’d say it’ll be sub 3 hours to button up.

Anyone ever do the ‘fill your fuel filter with seafoam’ To clean injectors?

Reactions: Slacker1972