Michael Sam retires to focus on mental health

American Revival Apparel Company

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
He was apparently with a Canadian football team.

He and the media did this to himself. He really has no one else to blame, because he participated in this circus, every step of the way. If everyone wasn't fixated on him being the first gay to blank, if he was allowed to fly under the radar, like a player of his caliber should've been allowed, maybe he could've worked his way into a slot on a team.

Sam is a victim, used as a propaganda tool, and dumped as soon as he served his purpose.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I think it's a bit ridiculous that you should have to purposefully hide important parts of your life to feel like you can live without being persecuted.
I kind of felt that way about firearms in NJ. You wouldn't believe the ridicule and bs I put up with when I innocently mentioned that I enjoyed shooting when asked "So, what do you like to do"? at dinner parties, etc.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I think it's a bit ridiculous that you should have to purposefully hide important parts of your life to feel like you can live without being persecuted.
I kind of felt that way about firearms in NJ. You wouldn't believe the ridicule and bs I put up with when I innocently mentioned that I enjoyed shooting when asked "So, what do you like to do"? at dinner parties, etc.

He was out when he was in college. I think if he would've just been out as gay and refused to go along with everyone that was using him to push their agenda, it would've been better for him and probably better for everyone that made him part of circus. Maybe we would have a gay special teams player, or back up linebacker in the nfl instead of a former 1st round pick who is retiring because he can't deal with the pressure that everyone foisted on him.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
He was out when he was in college. I think if he would've just been out as gay and refused to go along with everyone that was using him to push their agenda, it would've been better for him and probably better for everyone that made him part of circus. Maybe we would have a gay special teams player, or back up linebacker in the nfl instead of a former 1st round pick who is retiring because he can't deal with the pressure that everyone foisted on him.
I couldn't imagine the pressure.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
He was out locally, but did the big public announcement when the draft was nearing. For someone who may have been struggling to find a position it may have been the smart bet. Better to get a shot at the pros instead of get passed over. That said, his attempts to do the reality show and what not were distractions when he should have been training

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I couldn't imagine the pressure.

The pressure was partly self-inflicted. He made himself the poster child. He made out with his boyfriend on tv. He wanted to star in a reality tv show while he was at his first camp. He stated that it was homophobia that caused him to be drafted so low and said it would be homophobia if he didn't play.

The Rams players said when he was drafted, that they welcomed him and didn't care. He decided to concentrate more on his celebrity than his football career.

LXHunter

Frontiersman
Jun 24, 2015
Zip code
Maybe his realization that he was not a pro player, regardless if he liked dicks or not, caused an oh shit moment what will I do now? Maybe he will just go away now.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
It's quite weird to me. I've never felt obligated to tell anyone that I like the vag. It's mine alone. Why do people think that it matters? Your bedroom is yours.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Wow, one of the few non-classified threads I have not responded to. Guess this is done!

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Maybe his realization that he was not a pro player, regardless if he liked dicks or not, caused an oh shit moment what will I do now? Maybe he will just go away now.

He was too small to play lineman, but he was good enough for the NFL, if he worked his butt off to make it.

LXHunter

Frontiersman
Jun 24, 2015
Zip code
He was too small to play lineman, but he was good enough for the NFL, if he worked his butt off to make it.
I have a feeling his butt does get quite the workout. To bad he sucks as a football player.

Captdave77

Woodsman
Mar 13, 2017
Dallas GA
Zip code
Michael Sam retires because he cannot play in the NFL. He was never good enough and only gained media attention because of his orientation.

If he could play, there would be at least 20 owners dying for the media buzz a gay roster member would bring.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Michael Sam retires because he cannot play in the NFL. He was never good enough and only gained media attention because of his orientation.

If he could play, there would be at least 20 owners dying for the media buzz a gay roster member would bring.

If he was an all pro caliber player, you're right. But none wants to deal with the circus for a 3rd string linebacker or practise squad player. I think if he would've kept his mouth shut and focused on football, he would have a job somewhere.

Captdave77

Woodsman
Mar 13, 2017
Dallas GA
Zip code
If he was an all pro caliber player, you're right. But none wants to deal with the circus for a 3rd string linebacker or practise squad player. I think if he would've kept his mouth shut and focused on football, he would have a job somewhere.

I would not say "no one" wants the circus. Some teams like the Jets thrive on it.

He could not hack it in the CFL and was more concerned with being a personality than a professional football player. He should have been working with performance trainers rather than dancing on TV. A 7th round pick needs to work his ass off to make it in the league. The mental health excuse is just sad.