Just to confirm: No special provisions to take a suppressor to another state...

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
So I've received a couple of texts from resident SET experts that confirm that it is legal to transport to a state where they are legal without additional ATF documentation.

Thanks for the responses!

Reactions: dial1911

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
So I've received a couple of texts from resident SET experts that confirm that it is legal to transport to a state where they are legal without additional ATF documentation.

Thanks for the responses!

You do not need a letter for a suppressor. And fuck the tsa, those dumbasses won’t even have a clue as to what it is.

Reactions: AirOpsMgr

DaBlock

Woodsman
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Zip code
I have a NFA firearm and I’m moving. What do I do?
A registered possessor of an NFA firearm, other than an FFL/SOT, may not lawfully transport in interstate or foreign commerce any destructive device, machinegun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, without prior written approval of ATF, specifically the NFA Branch. Approval for the transportation may be obtained by either a written request, or an approved application filed with ATF on Form 5320.20, Application to Transport Interstate or to Temporarily Export Certain NFA Firearms. Please note that applications to transport NFA firearms will be approved only if consistent with all State and local laws.

<from elsewhere>
First off, as long as its legal to own or possess a Suppressor in the state you are traveling to, then you will NOT have to get permission from the ATF to transport your Suppressors to that state.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
I have a NFA firearm and I’m moving. What do I do?
A registered possessor of an NFA firearm, other than an FFL/SOT, may not lawfully transport in interstate or foreign commerce any destructive device, machinegun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, without prior written approval of ATF, specifically the NFA Branch. Approval for the transportation may be obtained by either a written request, or an approved application filed with ATF on Form 5320.20, Application to Transport Interstate or to Temporarily Export Certain NFA Firearms. Please note that applications to transport NFA firearms will be approved only if consistent with all State and local laws.

Supressors not on there, but maybe caution?

No caution needed. Authorization is NOT required for a suppressor.
Don’t make it difficult.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I did so last year or two at a CMP range visit - didn't even think of it before hand.

None of the range officers ever mentioned it.

Rather be lucky than good any day.

Safe travels! And take a color copy of your tax stamp with you just in case!

Reactions: AirOpsMgr

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
I'm surprised they let me through TSA pre check & the Clear line as it is!
Glad you got it sorted. Like I said, just a peon and was under the impression that 5320.20 applied to all nfa items...until I read it. Besides, those jackasses prob think it's a new Fleshlight model...for the underwhelmingly sized, yet brutally tough, man.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Glad you got it sorted. Like I said, just a peon and was under the impression that 5320.20 applied to all nfa items...until I read it. Besides, those jackasses prob think it's a new Fleshlight model...for the underwhelmingly sized, yet brutally tough, man.
Nope, never took you for a peon, hell, had it been overly obvious, I wouldn't have needed to post a thread!

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Axeman

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
While both states may be friendly, you still have to deal with the duck heads at both airports. You are entrusting that all TSA personnel are completely trained on NFA rules and regulations. I doubt you will make it there and back without some kind of issue. I am sure you would have to declare it along with any firearms you are transporting. You could always have the printout of the ATF requirements in with it. Who knows?

I have not tried to fly with my suppressors but maybe someone else here has?

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
While both states may be friendly, you still have to deal with the duck heads at both airports. You are entrusting that all TSA personnel are completely trained on NFA rules and regulations. I doubt you will make it there and back without some kind of issue. I am sure you would have to declare it along with any firearms you are transporting. You could always have the printout of the ATF requirements in with it. Who knows?

I have not tried to fly with my suppressors but maybe someone else here has?

I have never even had someone mention the can. It’s pretty much pain free.

Reactions: Mac11FA