Just to confirm: No special provisions to take a suppressor to another state...

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Cool. I was never sure about it. Do declare the can as well?

I tell them I need to declare firearms. My can is locked up with my pistol or pistols. I have never seen them so much as pick up the can.

Last edited:

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Just checked in, no issues; had the can with pistols in the same case and no one said anything.

Reactions: Mac11FA and Jake

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Now your luggage is gonna get lost.
lol, would be my luck.

I haven't issues with Delta (not a fan of the extra CAGPT tag that they add that screams "something valuable to steal"); I've packed a pistol 4 or 5 times, but this is the first time taking the can along.

Reactions: Mac11FA and Jake

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
lol, would be my luck.

I haven't issues with Delta (not a fan of the extra CAGPT tag that they add that screams "something valuable to steal"); I've packed a pistol 4 or 5 times, but this is the first time taking the can along.
I guess I was lucky with Delta. Always heard the horror stories of them and lost luggage. About the only issue I had was my Pelican case hitting the carousel with latches released but still latched and know that was the TSA. Never had a lost or misdirected bag and I checked 2 every time.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I guess I was lucky with Delta. Always heard the horror stories of them and lost luggage. About the only issue I had was my Pelican case hitting the carousel with latches released but still latched and know that was the TSA. Never had a lost or misdirected bag and I checked 2 every time.
I rarely check bags unless I'm going to be out for more than 2 weeks, but so far (maybe about 5 years), they've replaced 1 bag that they damaged and waited about 4 hrs for one to be delivered that they lost.

Never had any issue with firearms

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I rarely check bags unless I'm going to be out for more than 2 weeks, but so far (maybe about 5 years), they've replaced 1 bag that they damaged and waited about 4 hrs for one to be delivered that they lost.

Never had any issue with firearms
Yeah well if I get my pelican case through security with a the tools as a carry on I still would check it. My suitcase was always too big.

I have a backpack with laptop, change of clothes and meds that I carry on. After dealing with all the assholes that carried their luggage on, I damn sure never wanted to be that guy (of course women were worse).

Reactions: AirOpsMgr

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
So Houston TSA does things a little differently from ATL, they didn't even want to look inside.

They took my bag with locked case inside to their inspection room, came out about 5 mins later and said I was good to go.

On arrival back into ATL, I go to the over-size belt where you pickup firearms, wait about 20 mins and nothing. As I'm walking to the baggage service office to see what's up I spot my bag going around the carousel with all the other regular bags from my flight.

I grab it and walk over to a Delta Supervisor standing near the belt and ask her if policies had changed about putting firearms on the belt. Her eyes got big and she says Oh my God, wait here a minute. She goes and grabs a manager and all kinds of phone calls and radio calls ensue.

As another Sup comes to zip-tie the bag, two other managers show up and they are livid. They apologize profusely and say I'm good to go and offer me a bunch of skymiles for the mishandling, I say no, not looking for anything other than correcting the issue so it doesn't happen to somebody else and they get their bag stolen (again, they put a CAGPT tag on the bag that screams steal me).

As I'm leaving, 2 other suits join the group ... so apparently DL does take firearms handling pretty seriously.

20190302_173504.jpg

Reactions: Mac11FA and karlvv

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
So Houston TSA does things a little differently from ATL, they didn't even want to look inside.

They took my bag with locked case inside to their inspection room, came out about 5 mins later and said I was good to go.

On arrival back into ATL, I go to the over-size belt where you pickup firearms, wait about 20 mins and nothing. As I'm walking to the baggage service office to see what's up I spot my bag going around the carousel with all the other regular bags from my flight.

I grab it and walk over to a Delta Supervisor standing near the belt and ask her if policies had changed about putting firearms on the belt. Her eyes got big and she says Oh my God, wait here a minute. She goes and grabs a manager and all kinds of phone calls and radio calls ensue.

As another Sup comes to zip-tie the bag, two other managers show up and they are livid. They apologize profusely and say I'm good to go and offer me a bunch of skymiles for the mishandling, I say no, not looking for anything other than correcting the issue so it doesn't happen to somebody else and they get their bag stolen (again, they put a CAGPT tag on the bag that screams steal me).

As I'm leaving, 2 other suits join the group ... so apparently DL does take firearms handling pretty seriously.

View attachment 48668
Should have taken the miles any time they offer.
1. contact a local news channel and give them the story.

2. Sit back and watch the anti gun pot stir.

3. Enjoy your 15 mins of fame!

Reactions: AirOpsMgr