Holographic Red Dot Sight

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

BigAl614

Hunter
Jun 26, 2016
Douglasville
Zip code
Great shape
This for someone on a budget or an airsofter.
Reticle Switches from red to green.

$40
Cash FTF or Venmo if I ship.
I'm In Douglasville 20190326_165231.jpg 20190326_165242.jpg 20190608_122313.jpg 20190608_122327.jpg

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
It blows my mind that companies get away with blatant theft of intellectual property making crap like this.

Reactions: Cudruln

BigAl614

Hunter
Jun 26, 2016
Douglasville
Zip code
I agree and as long as there is a market for the cheap stuff it will happen but I wouldn't call it intellectual property.

It blows my mind that companies get away with blatant theft of intellectual property making crap like this.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I agree and as long as there is a market for the cheap stuff it will happen but I wouldn't call it intellectual property.
Their designs and trademarks are most certainly IP.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1776 and Grunk

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Who came out with the first dot sight because you could say the same about that.
The case... Yes
Their logo... Yes
But not dot sights and that's what they are.
Of course, but intellectual property extends to trademarked designs, logos, the name (it say Eotech in their font on the sight), the design of the housing, etc...all patented or trademarked, thus making it the intellectual property of L3. I'd love to see the makers of the counterfeits get their pants sued off. Nothing against you at all...theft just pisses me off.

Could you put brown fizzy water in a red can and market it as Coca Cola in their font just because no one owns a patent on fizzy water? No, no you can't.

Reactions: 1776

BigAl614

Hunter
Jun 26, 2016
Douglasville
Zip code
Trust me... I wholeheartedly agree
But who did they get the idea from to begin with?
If it weren't for someone else they wouldn't have anything to trademark.
Unintended consequences in life and business...

Anyway... This is a cheap Chinese version that doesn't carry the quality or cost of an Eo.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Eotech holds a patent on the reticle as well as holographic aiming technology in a multitude of forms.

This isn't a 'copy' it's a counterfeit, albeit a piss poor one, and it's sale or transfer constitutes a federal crime.

Reactions: Grunk and Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Trust me... I wholeheartedly agree
But who did they get the idea from to begin with?
If it weren't for someone else they wouldn't have anything to trademark.
Unintended consequences in life and business...

Anyway... This is a cheap Chinese version that doesn't carry the quality or cost of an Eo.
Their design, engineering, and/or marketing team surely designed the housing, along with their logo and the font that they used. If you cannot prove that your design, or utility patent or trademark is original...you don't get one. The prior art search is the very first thing that's done to see if anyone has come up with the same thing previous to you. I used to be in this industry.

In the 60's( I believe) Charles Hall created what he thought was the first water bed. He applied for the patent, but was denied because the USPTO found a reference (prior art) to a waterbed in a sci-fi novel written by Robert Heinlein in the 1800's. No kidding.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Let's assume that it doesn't actually use holographic imaging as defined in L3s patent.....and we'll assume that the reticle is sufficiently different.

Take a Dremel buffing wheel to the trademarked name and logo....boom, instantly becomes a 'clone'

Reactions: Grunk

BigAl614

Hunter
Jun 26, 2016
Douglasville
Zip code
If American Companies didn't buy their parts from China they probably wouldn't have to worry about IP being stolen but you're not pissed about buying Chinese goods.

Where did I state their logo and design wasn't theirs?

Their design, engineering, and/or marketing team surely designed the housing, along with their logo and the font that they used. If you cannot prove that your design, or utility patent or trademark is original...you don't get one. The prior art search is the very first thing that's done to see if anyone has come up with the same thing previous to you. I used to be in this industry.

In the 60's( I believe) Charles Hall created what he thought was the first water bed. He applied for the patent, but was denied because the USPTO found a reference (prior art) to a waterbed in a sci-fi novel written by Robert Heinlein in the 1800's. No kidding.

BigAl614

Hunter
Jun 26, 2016
Douglasville
Zip code
It doesn't or it would be in a different price point/quality.

I'll scratch it off ;)

Let's assume that it doesn't actually use holographic imaging as defined in L3s patent.....and we'll assume that the reticle is sufficiently different.

Take a Dremel buffing wheel to the trademarked name and logo....boom, instantly becomes a 'clone'

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
They infringe upon this patent multiple times, on both function and design.
If American Companies didn't buy their parts from China they probably wouldn't have to worry about IP being stolen but you're not pissed about buying Chinese goods.

Where did I state their logo and design wasn't theirs?
Actually I don't like buying cheap chinese knockoffs. Regardless, that's the same as saying hey...if you didn't want me to steal your guns, you shouldn't have invited me to your house.

Reactions: 1776

BigAl614

Hunter
Jun 26, 2016
Douglasville
Zip code
Well you should also take it up with Ebay and Amazon and I'm not asking you to buy it.

Chinese knockoffs... Chinese parts that American manufactures use... Hmmmmmmm

Obviously with 26,000 posts over a 4yr period you have nothing better to do so keep having fun here ;)

They infringe upon this patent multiple times, on both function and design.

Actually I don't like buying cheap chinese knockoffs. Regardless, that's the same as saying hey...if you didn't want me to steal your guns, you shouldn't have invited me to your house.

• Haha
Reactions: BangBang