Recipe Fresh Salmon Lasagna

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Eli'sbook

Scout
Jun 30, 2015
Some of y'all are aware my wife of 40 years is not well, been getting worse as time passes. I've never been much of a cook but the last 6-8 months I've taken on the role of cook of the house. I was digging around one evening for something a bit different and via a bit of time plus experimentation I came up with the following recipe. My wife and her friend down the street made me have a case of the big head as they just kept raving about how much they enjoyed the dish. My wife's friend even told me if I were not married she would boot her husband and marry me if I cooked that well all the time.

I'd like a second opinion - so if y'all get a hankering to cook give this one a try and give me your thoughts (be gentle as I may never cook again if severely browbeaten).

Salmon Lasagna Casserole

Ingredients;
  • uncooked Lasagna Noodles (about 1/2 to 3/4 a box)
  • 16 ounces canned or fresh* salmon (also works well to add some pre-cooked baby shrimp)
  • 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack & Colby cheese mixture.
  • 1-1/2 cups small Broccoli Florets
  • 3 stalks of chopped celery
  • ½ cup bread crumbs

Sauce;
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1-1/2 cups milk
  • 1 small can cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt - more if it suits your taste

Directions;
  • Cook macaroni to al dente
  • Canned Salmon, drain; break it into bite-size pieces.
  • * If using fresh salmon bake (which is better and what I use) for 15 minutes before adding to the dish, remove from skin & break into pieces, season to your taste then set aside.
  • Make Sauce: Melt butter & Sauté onion until transparent. Blend in flour, stirring constantly. Slowly stir milk & cream of mushroom soup into saucepan mixture. Cook until smooth and thick, stirring constantly. Add lemon juice and parsley & garlic salt. Mix well, adding broccoli & celery at finish.
  • Spoon pasta into sprayed casserole dish over layers of lasagna noodles with salmon on top of each layer. Sprinkle with cheese. Pour sauce over it, repeat to use up contents.
  • Sprinkle top with the rest of the cheese then the bread crumbs.
  • Bake at 375 for 25 min or until lightly browned/bubbling around edges.

Reactions: dougiemac