[Article] - Tips to Properly Store Ammo

American Revival Apparel Company

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
Keeping it dry and cool is a tall order for us Ohioians come the summer months. The amount of humidity and heat is unstoppable! Have any tips or recommendations for keeping it out of humidity if we don't have like a dedicated room, or safe for it?

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
Keeping it dry and cool is a tall order for us Ohioians come the summer months. The amount of humidity and heat is unstoppable! Have any tips or recommendations for keeping it out of humidity if we don't have like a dedicated room, or safe for it?

If you keep it in your house that is air conditioned it will be fine. An air conditioner cools the air in part by removing moisture from it. While I keep my ammo in a safe with a dehumidifier, I wouldn't have any problem just keeping it in the boxes in my air conditioned house.

If you don't have air conditioning, or don't want to risk it, keeping it in ammo cans or another container works great. All you have to do is throw in some desiccant packs (like the little silica gel packs that come in shoe boxes) and that will remove any moisture in the container.  

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
Yup, those will work just fine. Even though I have a dehumidifier in my safes I still have some of those on each shelf.