An arcade machine in my house!!!!

American Revival Apparel Company

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
Nice!!! Is it running off a Raspberry Pi? I got mine up and running, still a few problems with N64 games running smooth. I've thought about building an arcade cabinet to house it.
Yep, Pi 3 B+ with a “plug and play” 128gb SD card I bought on eBay preloaded with Retropie and all the game ROMs. It has N64 games on it, but they run pretty choppy. Not really a deal breaker for me because I was more interested in arcade ROMs as well as NES, SNES and Genesis. They all play flawlessly.

And man, I can’t get past the FIRST LEVEL of Ghosts n’ Goblins even with save states. I had forgotten how brutal that game was!

roadsignmcclanahan

Riding this shit show straight to hell
Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code
Yep, Pi 3 B+ with a “plug and play” 128gb SD card I bought on eBay preloaded with Retropie and all the game ROMs. It has N64 games on it, but they run pretty choppy. Not really a deal breaker for me because I was more interested in arcade ROMs as well as NES, SNES and Genesis. They all play flawlessly.

And man, I can’t get past the FIRST LEVEL of Ghosts n’ Goblins even with save states. I had forgotten how brutal that game was!
I built my own card first...Nes, SNES, Arcade, Sega, all the good ones! Got to PS1. Kept messing up the code, finally broke down and bought the same or very similar plug and play card.

Reactions: BangBang

BangBang

Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
I built my own card first...Nes, SNES, Arcade, Sega, all the good ones! Got to PS1. Kept messing up the code, finally broke down and bought the same or very similar plug and play card.
I did some reading and watched a few vids about building my own card, but decided it would just be faster and easier to buy one premade on eBay ready to go.

Here’s the video tutorial I went by to convert the Arcade1up cabinet to work with the Raspberry Pi

I also added a couple of 4” speakers to my marquee to take advantage of the stereo sound in some of those early 90’s arcade games.

BangBang

Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
I loved Golden Axe
One of my all time favorites! We lived on Yokota Air Base when I was a teenager. The Military Airlift Command terminal (fancy name for the base airport) was within walking distance of my house and they had a small arcade in the lounge area. I was there every weekend with all my buddies. Golden Axe got a ton of our quarters!

8E3C3C4A-39F8-44A9-A101-AC127B506AF4.jpeg A2AE74D5-014A-4811-895A-87364F3C3E78.jpeg