2019 Deer Talk

Jake

All gun laws are an infringement!
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
In 9 hours I'll be walking in with my smoke pole. I love the week of muzzleloader and I have the next 4 days off.
Good luck! I'm jealous. I have to take my daughter to a birthday party tomorrow at an indoor pool with 30 screaming toddlers running around. I picked up a cheap old CVA Wolf with iron sights in a trade a few months ago though so I'm thinking about getting in on muzzle loader season this year. I typically only hunt rifle though, and for the last several years haven't gotten to go out nearly as much as I would like to. I'm embarrassed to say that I've only harvested two deer in the past 5 years. This year I'm gonna make it a goal to harvest at least one small-ish doe.

Reactions: karlvv

Hoss

The Second Coming
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 11, 2019
Monticello
Zip code
Every damn deer I've seen this season, so far, has had 1 or 2 babies tagging along. I've let more deer walk in the last 2 weeks than I saw last year.

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Have to get the seats back in my stand. Get my feeder together, once all the parts come in. Hoping to get some equipment to clear out more spots around the property and especially around the current stand.

Reactions: karlvv

erkinator

Mid Life Crisis Student
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I am stoked,we have been working and setting up our new lease area. Great bunch of guys. Just finished washing and hanging out to dry all clothing,gear is ready AYV is ready,now what have I forgotten?