1.5 day Basic Precision Rifle Course, May 18/25, Aragon GA

American Revival Apparel Company

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Precision Applications, LLC will be running a 1.5 day Basic Precision Rifle Course on May 18/25 in Dallas and Aragon GA.

Day 1, May 18:
10am - approximately 3pm
Approximately 4-5 hours of classroom and will be held at Head Down Firearms.
333 Butler Industrial Dr
Dallas, GA 30132

Topics covered will include (but aren't limited to):
Selection, care and maintenance of the entire system (rifle, scope, rings, mounts, ammunition, bipod, cases, etc.). This includes a comprehensive disassembly and other Armorer's tips.
Marksmanship basics
Use of optics (including adjustments and all other functions)
Use of data book
Zeroing
CCB/CHB/HFB
Use of reticle for ranging
MOA vs MRAD

DAY 2, May 25:
7:30am until 5:30pm
Live-fire range, Aragon GA
We will start on paper at 100yds and obtain or confirm zeroes. All other targets at other distances are reactive steel.
We will work on the fundamentals of marksmanship at 100yds and get each Shooter the individual coaching that they need for consistent accuracy.
Once that is achieved, we will engage steel targets at various distances out to 400yds.
During this range session, not only will the shooters be continuously practicing the fundamentals of marksmanship, they will be using their data books, and adjusting their scopes to compensate for changes in distance.
We will discuss and practice both dialing dope and using hold-offs.

We will shoot in relays. This not only gives the Shooters ample time for breaks, it will allow them to work with me on how to Spot and call adjustments for the Shooters.

Gear list will include:
Rifle capable of 1MOA. Bolt actions and semi-automatics are both welcome
Magnified optics. The following features are mandatory on the optic:
-Finger adjustable turrets with audible/tactile “clicks”, MOA and MRAD are both acceptable
-Ranging reticle, MOA and MRAD are both acceptable
Ammunition, 200 rounds. Ammunition must be "match grade" from a reputable manufacturer, or known handloads of equal or better accuracy
Data book w/ calculator (any calculator that multiplies and divides will work. I highly recommend the Storm Tactical modular Rite-In-The-Rain data books, but I also have free, downloadable pages I can send you to make your own)
Rifle-mounted bipod, or front rest
Rear bag(s) (optional)
Shooting mat (optional)
Minimum 5 “dummy” rounds or snap caps
Spotting scope (optional)
Eye and ear protection
Clothes and footwear appropriate to the weather. If it rains, we train, as long as there is no thunder/lightning.
If you are military/LE, it is preferred that you use your duty gear, body armor and other ancillary equipment that you will use on duty. Train like you fight!

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about any of your gear. I would rather sort the problems out ahead of time than have you show up at the class with gear that won't work, or that is set up wrong.

I offer my services for free to my students when it comes to mounting up scopes/bases/rings (including lapping the rings), weighting and texturing stocks, adjusting/installing triggers, and any other tweaking that your system may need.

I have plenty of gear to loan, so don’t let a lack of equipment keep you from attending this training. This includes rifles and optics. I also have contacts that do special pricing for my students on firearms, optics, ammunition, and equipment.

If you are a LEO, contact me about POST credit.

I am limiting the course to 9 students. The cost is $350 for the entire course, payable by cash, check, money order, or PayPal (students covers the 3.5% fee). Your slot is not guaranteed until you pay for it.

I have a 2-day version of this course that I run 4 times a years in Pelham TN, where we shoot to 1,000yds. If you attend this shorter version, you are welcome to attend Day 2 of the 1,000yd class at a later date. This will pick up at 500yds and go to 1,000yds. This should help folks that want to save some money on lodgings, or don’t want to go out of town for multiple days to train.

Semper Fi!

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Still room in this class. This is an excellent primer for my Guerrilla Sniper Course, and will also get you set up to finish up the 1,000 yard course in Tennessee in the fall.

I have rifles, optics, and gear to loan if you need it. Don't let a dearth of kit keep you from getting good training.

If you just wish to come and take the Day 1 classroom portion, you can attend it for $30. I'm surprised at how many folks don't know how to work their optics, range targets, and don't have a solid, working knowledge of internal and external ballistics. Day 1 will give you all of that and more.